Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of Virginia insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to find cheaper quotes for Acura TL insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Virginia Beach.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Paperwork-free – Many car insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Virginia Beach auto insurance digitally online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura TL car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Esurance has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, good student, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple autos, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in Virginia Beach.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Virginia car insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Acura TL insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to and from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Acura TL insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies compare the best prices online and still use a local agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Virginia, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information below showcases different insurance costs for Acura TL models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are formulated can help customers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$214||$462||$270||$16||$80||$1,042||$87|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$214||$462||$270||$16||$80||$1,042||$87|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$214||$532||$270||$16||$80||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Acura TL annual premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless Virginia Beach drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can impact Acura TL car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura TL insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Virginia minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Acura TL replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but work with a local Virginia Beach insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Virginia?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Virginia Beach?
- Is coverage determined by price?
When narrowing the list to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
The following are independent agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get rate quotes.
If you get good responses to any questions you may have and affordable Acura TL insurance rates in Virginia Beach quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
What is the best car insurance company in Virginia Beach?
Choosing a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The ranking data shown below can help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Acura TL insurance prices in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices are with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for cheaper Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)