If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Lincoln MKX insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Virginia Beach. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Virginia Beach drivers can cut their rates by almost $500 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Lincoln MKX insurance in Virginia Beach takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if you require a SR-22, if your license is active, your general credit rating, and how many miles driven. That information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Lincoln MKX insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap car insurance in VA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Lincoln vehicle insurance in Virginia is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKX in Virginia Beach, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Coverage statistics and figures
The information shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Lincoln MKX models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are calculated can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Lincoln MKX insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below compares Lincoln MKX yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Lincoln MKX insurance in Virginia Beach
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on MKX insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKX insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, and eSmart discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in Virginia, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Virginia Beach.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is there a local claims center in Virginia Beach?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
How much can you save?
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Lincoln MKX insurance in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
The cheapest Lincoln MKX insurance in Virginia Beach is attainable on the web and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)