A study showed that most drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Virginia Beach drivers could save approximately 45% every year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable auto insurance rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Virginia.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Audi A7 Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Drivers with clean records get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. People who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
Claims statistics for an Audi A7 – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Audi A7 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A7 4dr 4WD 207 76 208 50 49 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new A7 may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Accident Free – Virginia Beach drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, new vehicle discount, safety features, newly married, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. For a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia Beach, click here.
Quote more to save more
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Audi A7 insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Virginia Beach car insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be found below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)