Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Audi RS7 insurance in Virginia Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Virginia. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Virginia Beach is actually quite simple. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the best way to shop their coverage around online.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices.
- Job and insurance premiums – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers like scientists, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Younger driver insurance costs – Young drivers in Virginia are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
- High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Audi RS7 by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Costs impacted by your city – Living in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- The type of car you drive affects your rates – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi RS7 – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Audi RS7 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi RS7 Vehicles Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi RS7 4dr 4WD 352BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes on Audi RS7 insurance in Virginia Beach with these car insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new RS7 can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, military active duty, defensive driver, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple policy, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, theft prevention, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Audi RS7 insurance car insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Audi RS7 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia can be read at these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)