Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Virginia being $1,240, drivers could cut their rates by up to $548 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
The easiest way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Virginia. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this strategy. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Virginia Beach is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Nevertheless, Virginia vehicle owners should learn how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in Virginia. One of the best ways to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies. Comparing Audi SQ5 insurance rates online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the guidance that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Audi SQ5 insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can give you free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Listed below are agents in Virginia Beach that may be willing to give rate quotes for Audi SQ5 insurance in Virginia Beach.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
How Your SQ5 Insurance Rates are Determined
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine rates.
Your gender affects premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders cause accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
Deter theft and reduce prices – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Traffic violations hurt – Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have severe tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Combine policies and save money – Lots of insurance companies give a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Teenagers are high risk – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Loss probability for an Audi SQ5 – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Audi SQ5 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi SQ5 4dr 4WD||188||94||162|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Virginia is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi SQ5 in Virginia Beach, insurance is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your SQ5 with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Audi SQ5. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheap insurance prices are available
You just read many ideas to lower your Audi SQ5 insurance prices in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Audi SQ5 insurance in Virginia Beach can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)