Buying budget-priced Virginia Beach Acura ILX insurance quotes can appear to be impossible for beginners to shopping for insurance on the web. With so many insurance companies available, how are consumers expected to have time to compare all the different companies and get better auto insurance prices?
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will probably buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $865 annually compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for Acura ILX insurance is your ultimate target, learning the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Companies offering Acura ILX insurance in Virginia
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find the best auto insurance in Virginia, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Save money with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to look at driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in Virginia Beach.
How Insurers Calculate Acura ILX Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Use one insurance company and save – Most insurance companies provide discounts to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Acura ILX rates in Virginia Beach to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Acura every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated ILX can result in significantly higher rates.
Don’t get traffic citations – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. People who have severe tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are usually for low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
High credit scores equal low prices – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Acura ILX by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
Too many insurance claims drive up premiums – Companies in Virginia provide the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Acura ILX claim probability – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below are Virginia Beach auto insurance companies that may be able to provide price quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Insurance Strategies – The Cooksey Agency
780 Lynnhaven Pkwy #400 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 819-6896 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
Choosing an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Virginia Beach?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable car insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to find lower priced Acura ILX insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on Acura ILX insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper ILX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)