Want to learn how to buy more competitive Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach? No car owner likes paying for insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. Virginia Beach drivers can save about $500 each year, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy. You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find a good deal for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to buy cheaper Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as how much coverage you want, what you do for a living, how you use your vehicles, and if you have a valid license. The data is instantly submitted to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To check Toyota Sequoia insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Virginia. To buy cheap car insurance in Virginia, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Virginia Beach, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Virginia is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance statistics for a Toyota Sequoia
The price information shown next covers a range of insurance prices for Toyota Sequoia models. Understanding more about how premiums are figured helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$228||$368||$266||$16||$80||$958||$80|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$228||$434||$266||$16||$80||$1,024||$85|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$254||$434||$266||$16||$80||$1,050||$88|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$254||$434||$266||$16||$80||$1,050||$88|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$254||$500||$266||$16||$80||$1,116||$93|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$254||$500||$266||$16||$80||$1,116||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific Virginia Beach garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Sequoia car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Virginia minimum liability coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Sequoia book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach car insurance but check with your company.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Sequoia insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good driver, early bird, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Travelers may have discounts that include payment discounts, early quote, good student, multi-policy, student away at school, driver training, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
Check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Toyota Sequoia?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking the best insurer is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia Beach. The ranking information shown next can help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance