How long has it been since you compared cheaper Buick Park Avenue insurance in Virginia Beach? I can’t think of a single person who rejoices having to buy auto insurance, particularly when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re reading this, learning how to compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But Virginia consumers must know how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in Virginia
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If you want to find cheap car insurance in VA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Buick Park Avenue insurance in Virginia Beach with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Park Avenue insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Certain auto insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application on the web.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, good student, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, location of vehicle, accident-free, age of vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, air bags, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my Buick Park Avenue covered for flood damage?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to companies in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Virginia Beach?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
- Are they full-time agents?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
Virginia Beach auto insurance companies
Picking the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Virginia. The ranking information in the next section may help you analyze which insurers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Some companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agents. Cost effective Buick Park Avenue insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Buick Park Avenue insurance in Virginia Beach
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)