Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Cadillac CTS insurance in Virginia Beach? Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Virginia Beach can diminish your family’s budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing rates annually can be a smart way to make ends meet.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by nearly $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate increase brand awareness with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Cadillac CTS insurance in Virginia Beach at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Buying the cheapest insurance in Virginia Beach is not rocket science. But Virginia drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Companies offering cheap Cadillac CTS prices in Virginia Beach, VA
The following companies can provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Virginia, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cadillac CTS insurance statistics and information
The table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Cadillac CTS models. Understanding how policy rates are established can help customers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$242||$532||$262||$16||$78||$1,130||$94|
|CTS Performance AWD||$242||$532||$262||$16||$78||$1,130||$94|
|CTS Premium AWD||$270||$532||$262||$16||$78||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Virginia Beach garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Cadillac CTS annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below compares Cadillac CTS auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac CTS book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
Remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will help reduce your auto insurance premiums.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac CTS insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, early quote, save driver, payment discounts, and home ownership.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Virginia Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. A good agent in Virginia Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as cheap CTS insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that can insure your vehicles.
Shop around and save
Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Cadillac CTS insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cadillac CTS insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to saving money on Cadillac CTS insurance in Virginia Beach
To save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Virginia Beach.
- Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and your credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper CTS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)