If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Honda CR-Z insurance in Virginia Beach is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Virginia.
Step 1: Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most companies give discounts to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Higher rates for tough employers – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like doctors, business owners, and miners generally have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
Honda CR-Z statistical loss data – Companies analyze the history of losses to help determine costs. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much does Honda CR-Z insurance in Virginia Beach cost?
Getting a cheap price on Honda CR-Z insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to all the different Virginia Beach insurance agencies. The ability to quote Honda CR-Z insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To get the best car insurance in Virginia, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your CR-Z
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda CR-Z in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is required in Virginia but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your CR-Z has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheap Honda CR-Z insurance in Virginia Beach with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Virginia Beach car insurance quote in comparison to bad drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on CR-Z insurance in Virginia Beach.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, anti-theft, and group or association.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, Switch & Save, renters, safety device, multi-car, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple autos, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Virginia Beach. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Honda CR-Z insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Virginia Beach auto insurance agents
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Virginia Beach are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get rate quotes.
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you have and inexpensive Honda CR-Z insurance in Virginia Beach quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What happens if I owe more than my Honda CR-Z is worth?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop smart and save
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Honda CR-Z insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Virginia Beach car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)