It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates once a year saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Virginia.
Step 1: Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting Subaru Crosstrek insurance prices online is quite simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. After the form is submitted, their system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Virginia Beach helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best rate possible.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Virginia, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Vehicle risk affects costs – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Poor credit history equals high prices – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Subaru Crosstrek by repairing your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates – Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Virginia department of motor vehicles.
- Vehicle options can affect premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Car insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers in Virginia have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Subaru Crosstrek is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurers will award a discount to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Virginia Beach Crosstrek insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru Crosstrek, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Subaru for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.