Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach? You’re in good company because there are a lot of people in Virginia Beach just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unfortunately, 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in the United States can cut their rates by almost $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Dodge Ram insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information including whether you drive to work or school, if you lease or own, your general credit rating, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your details is then sent to multiple insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. To locate the best car insurance in VA, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your Dodge Ram and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rate information and statistics
The table displayed next highlights a range of insurance rates for Dodge Ram models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are figured is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$118||$196||$378||$22||$114||$828||$69|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$134||$238||$378||$22||$114||$886||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$148||$280||$378||$22||$114||$942||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$148||$324||$378||$22||$114||$986||$82|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$148||$324||$378||$22||$114||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage prices significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Dodge Ram insurance prices for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Virginia Beach
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can raise Dodge Ram insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break shop Virginia Beach auto insurance over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Ram insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach could qualify you for a break when getting a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Virginia, click here.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Virginia Beach come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Virginia Beach can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Ram to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hail damage and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like dental work, surgery, prosthetic devices, nursing services and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/20 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $20,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, attorney fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Shop smart and save
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. The cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach
The preferred way to find discount car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Virginia.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)