If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Virginia. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the United States could save up to $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they changed companies.
How Your Accord Crosstour Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major insurers allow better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare Honda Accord Crosstour rates in Virginia Beach to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Honda earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Alarm systems save money – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Good drivers pay the best premiums – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license.
Loss statistics for a Honda Accord Crosstour – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Honda Accord Crosstour vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Crosstour Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information shown next showcases estimates of insurance costs for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$158||$310||$390||$24||$116||$998||$83|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$158||$310||$390||$24||$116||$998||$83|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$178||$366||$390||$24||$116||$1,074||$90|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$178||$366||$390||$24||$116||$1,074||$90|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$178||$366||$390||$24||$116||$1,074||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can change rates significantly.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount available very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, multi-car, new car, multi-policy, and early quote.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, defensive driving, business or organization, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including alternative fuel, youthful driver, distant student, good student, early shopping, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Pac-12 alumni, good driver, claim free, multi-car, homeowner, and online quote.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, age of vehicle, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Budget-friendly insurance in Virginia Beach can be found online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so you need to quote Virginia Beach car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)