Want to learn the secrets to finding more competitive Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach? There isn’t anyone who likes buying insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. American insurance shoppers could save approximately $859 each year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched.
How to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach
Truthfully, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Virginia Beach.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Bolt coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Because there are so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Chevy Bolt in Virginia Beach, it is very difficult to locate the lowest cost insurance provider.
You need to compare prices at least once a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Virginia Beach is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to save money and still get good coverage. Drivers just have to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Getting more affordable Chevy Bolt car insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take time to compare rate quotes to see which company has affordable Chevrolet Bolt insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to go to and from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To buy cheap auto insurance in VA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from Virginia Beach attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be willing to answer these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you need to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
After you get answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel coverage when you choose so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to the insurance policy with no way to switch.
The Chevy Bolt Insurance Rate Equation
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Guys are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Use one insurance company and save – Most insurers give a discount to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Companies in Virginia award lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Virginia Beach, buying car insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Chevy Bolt has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Bolt. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach can be found online as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance in Virginia Beach
The recommended way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)