It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save time and money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Sonic insurance in Virginia Beach is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Virginia.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Choosing the best rates in Virginia Beach is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Basically, anyone who quotes car insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. But Virginia drivers need to learn how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Best companies for Chevy Sonic insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts on Virginia Beach car insurance
Some insurance providers do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Sonic insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, theft prevention, early bird, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, safety features, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see insurers offering car insurance discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Virginia Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Virginia Beach?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Virginia Beach?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
5269 Greenwich Rd # 200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 456-9440 – View Map
- Kimberly Hitchman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Virginia Beach Blvd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-5480 – View Map
- Paula Rosati – State Farm Insurance Agent
4221 Pleasant Valley Rd #108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 467-4300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide price quotes.
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Guzman Insurance Agency Inc
1920 Centerville Turnpike Ste 97 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 479-0551 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you can always terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company for any length of time.
Shop around and save
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Chevy Sonic insurance car insurance rates online in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount Chevy Sonic insurance in Virginia Beach is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Virginia Beach car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)