It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around for cheaper rates will presumably switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is your intention, then knowing how to compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Virginia. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to save money, use these techniques to lower your rates and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. Shoppers just have to understand how to find the lowest price over the internet.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. If you want cheap car insurance in VA, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Virginia Beach, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Many insurance companies allow discounts to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Males tend to take more risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Deter theft and reduce rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
- Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated TrailBlazer can result in significantly higher rates.
- Never let your coverage expire – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Virginia motor vehicle department.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance rates – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy TrailBlazer?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
How to find a good Virginia Beach auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Virginia. The ranking data shown next can help you decide which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many tips how you can shop for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)