Saving money on Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach can be slightly frustrating for drivers new to buying insurance online. With such a large number of agents and companies, it can quickly become a difficult situation to find the best price in Virginia on Dodge Durango insurance.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Virginia Beach drivers can save $500 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates quite often because rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Durango insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some great ways to reduce your insurance bill.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing the best Durango insurance in Virginia is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Durango, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Dodge Durango but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Durango greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Learn How to Get Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
- Do you have a tough employer? – Jobs like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists have higher premium rates in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – A driver’s credit rating factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Durango by improving your rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Mature drivers save more – Older people are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Dodge Durango claim probability – Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Durango Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts to get cheap Virginia Beach car insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get cheaper rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Durango can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Virginia?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What companies can they write with?
Virginia car insurance companies ranked
Picking a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The company information in the lists below may help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach is possible online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach
The preferred way to get more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Virginia Beach is to annually compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Virginia. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Durango insurance in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)