The recommended way to get low-cost Ford Freestar insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Virginia Beach. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more information to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Freestar coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Virginia Beach drivers could save themselves 45% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Low Cost Ford insurance prices in Virginia Beach
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Freestar insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- No Accidents – Virginia Beach drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
What Determines Ford Freestar Insurance Prices?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates.
- Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Don’t let your insurance policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Virginia department of motor vehicles.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Some companies will give better rates for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare Ford Freestar rates in Virginia Beach to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Driving citations drive up costs – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Deter theft and save money – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft.
- Keep insurance rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Virginia generally give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Insurance is available from local agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Virginia Beach?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Different types of car insurance agents in Virginia Beach
If you are searching for local Virginia Beach agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Virginia Beach are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Frank Owens – State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Laskin Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 428-3101 – View Map
- Milt Rawles – State Farm Insurance Agent
5265 Providence Rd #200 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 424-4656 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ralph M. Rios
2492 N Landing Rd #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 467-2800 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 426-2664 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Picking the right company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Virginia. The company rank data displayed below could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent to save money
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Ford Freestar insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Virginia Beach is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Virginia Beach auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)