If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Lexus RC 200t insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Virginia Beach. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on RC 200t insurance in Virginia Beach. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Unimaginable but true, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,200, Virginia Beach drivers could save an average of about 45% each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Save with these discounts on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Virginia Beach
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, newly married, and safety features.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Virginia Beach. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Lexus RC 200t insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices online. Obtaining pricing for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Virginia Beach is pretty easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. After the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get affordable rates.
To compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Virginia. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Virginia, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are for small economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
How much liability coverage do you need? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Teenage drivers pay high costs – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Frequent insurance claims increase premiums – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Virginia give the lowest premiums to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies afford a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Compare prices but still have a local Virginia Beach insurance agency
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Virginia Beach
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give pricing information.
- Glandon Agency
212 87th St – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 422-6729 – View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 200-3183 – View Map
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 460-6220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Charlie Hendrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 523-4115 – View Map
- Mike McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 721-3300 – View Map
- Jessica Hester – State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 481-1840 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Car insurance is not optional in Virginia
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RC 200t in Virginia Beach, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus RC 200t, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Lexus RC 200t but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Lexus RC 200t insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)