It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are very likely to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Scion iQ insurance in Virginia Beach is your ultimate target, then learning about how to shop for cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The preferred way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Virginia. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to keep prices down and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on iQ insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
This information will help educate you on the best ways to compare prices and some tricks to saving. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. But Virginia vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The best way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Virginia. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in VA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
- Is my Scion iQ covered for smoke damage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Virginia Beach insurance agents?
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 426-2664 – View Map
- The Coelho insurance agency
800 Seahawk Cir #142 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 437-9647 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Brett Cambron – State Farm Insurance Agent
1485 General Booth Blvd ste. 114 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 499-0559 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
- Bill Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 486-4000 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you feel you receive good feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Best auto insurance company in Virginia
Choosing a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Virginia Beach. The ranking data below could help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies