Trying to find more affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Virginia Beach? If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, it’s easy to get baffled by the vast assortment insurance agents and companies who claim to have the best car insurance rates.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare other rates are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. This article’s intent is to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process But Virginia vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because it varies considerably.
There are several ways to compare quotes from many different Virginia insurance companies. The quickest method to find affordable Lincoln MKS insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Virginia, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive better car insurance rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, home ownership, save driver, student away at school, driver training, multi-policy, and continuous insurance.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
If you need low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be available in your state. To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium table displayed next covers estimates of insurance policy prices for Lincoln MKS models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$462||$210||$12||$62||$964||$80|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$462||$210||$12||$62||$964||$80|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$522||$210||$12||$62||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Virginia Beach which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKS claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Is you job costing you more? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like lawyers, social workers, and dentists have higher premium rates in part from high stress and long work days. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Costs also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below is based on a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Lincoln MKS insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.
Traffic violations mean higher premiums – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lincoln MKS insurance loss statistics – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD 121 90 140 78 103 Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD 135 89 204 89 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD 139 93 153 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Insurance agent types
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Virginia Beach agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Guzman Insurance Agency Inc
1920 Centerville Turnpike Ste 97 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 479-0551 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ralph M. Rios
2492 N Landing Rd #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 467-2800 – View Map
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
- Aubrey Pithwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
562 Lynnhaven Pkwy #201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 227-9700 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How are claims handled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lincoln MKS?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Ratings for Virginia Beach auto insurance companies
Selecting the top car insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Virginia. The ranking data listed below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Lincoln MKS insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find lower priced Lincoln MKS insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare prices regularly from providers in Virginia. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on MKS insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)