Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Virginia Beach is your objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Ford Freestyle insurance in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Virginia. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Virginia Beach. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to save money using these methods. These techniques will introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Virginia car owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
The quickest way to compare rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Virginia Beach is to realize auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like your credit rating estimate, daily mileage, whether you are married, and which vehicles you own. That rating data is then submitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Ford Freestyle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Freestyle, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford Freestyle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Components of Your Ford Freestyle Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Drivers with excellent credit save – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Ford Freestyle by improving your credit score.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Prices also based on gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Freestyle policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Too many policy claims drive up auto insurance rates – If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Virginia give the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- More traffic equals higher premiums – Living in areas with lower population has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach is available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about insurance in Virginia can be read at these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)