Regrettably, over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save roughly 46.5% every year, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Virginia. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Quoting and comparing the most affordable coverage in Virginia Beach can be fairly easy. Nearly every vehicle owner who is looking for cheaper insurance will find lower prices. But Virginia vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheaper rates with these premium slashing discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new GT can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Club Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, alternative fuel, business and professional, youthful driver, and distant student.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, multi-policy, good student, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in Virginia, click this link.
When shopping for the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Virginia. The easiest way to find the cheapest Ford GT insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Virginia Beach GT insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Will my Ford GT be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Virginia Beach may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give you pricing information.
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Cheeks Insurance Agency
4968 Euclid Rd e – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 309-1850 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Rhonda Floasin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 Independence Blvd #214 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 363-7376 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
- Charlie Hendrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
5350 Kemps River Dr #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 523-4115 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Persistence pays off
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford GT insurance in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced Ford GT insurance in Virginia Beach can be sourced online in addition to many Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)