Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Virginia Beach can cut their rates by about 45% a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
The recommended way to quote cheaper GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for ideas to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
The following companies provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find cheap car insurance in VA, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sierra 2500HD has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Being more informed about how policy premiums are determined can aid in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$240||$532||$334||$20||$100||$1,226||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$240||$532||$378||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$532||$334||$20||$100||$1,226||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$532||$334||$20||$100||$1,226||$102|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$614||$378||$22||$114||$1,368||$114|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$240||$614||$378||$22||$114||$1,368||$114|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$614||$334||$20||$100||$1,308||$109|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$614||$334||$20||$100||$1,308||$109|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$240||$614||$378||$22||$114||$1,368||$114|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$268||$614||$378||$22||$114||$1,396||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Virginia Beach location which can modify premium rates noticeably.
How much more does full coverage cost in Virginia Beach?
The example below compares GMC Sierra 2500HD car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Sierra 2500HD replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Virginia Beach
Companies don’t list every discount available very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow companies to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your policy premiums.
The illustration below compares GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, early bird, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, good student, and education and occupation.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, air bags, driver training, good student, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for ease of repair, anti-theft, professional/association, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, distant student, youthful driver, mature driver, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Virginia Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance quotes in Virginia, click here.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
What is the best car insurance company in Virginia?
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Virginia Beach. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+