Are you researching more affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach, VA? Virginia Beach drivers have many options when trying to find affordable Mercury Montego insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Mercury and obtain the cheapest rates from Virginia Beach insurance agents and online providers.
A recent study showed that over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Virginia could save roughly $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates every six months because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Mercury Montego insurance in Virginia Beach on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in VA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Virginia Beach
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Driving Data Discount – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Virginia, click this link.
How You Can Control Mercury Montego Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better insurance rates.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive your Mercury in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Montego can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your policy shows the right rating data.
- Performance impacts rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Low credit score equals high costs – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Montego by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in less populated areas of the country can save you money when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Virginia Beach?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is there a local claims center in Virginia Beach?
- What companies can they write with?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Virginia Beach auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Virginia Beach. The ranking data in the lists below can help you pick which providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Cheap insurance rates are out there
There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
When getting Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying lower priced Mercury Montego insurance in Virginia Beach
The recommended way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Virginia. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More information is available at the links below
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)