If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and your credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Yaris iA coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could save an average of almost $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates online.
Getting low cost Toyota Yaris iA insurance pricing is not rocket science. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rates to find the company with low cost Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to actually drive to all the different Virginia Beach insurance agencies. Quoting Toyota Yaris iA insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Virginia, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Protect more than your Toyota Yaris iA
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Yaris iA in Virginia Beach, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Yaris iA has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies with discount rates in Virginia, click here.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Virginia car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Virginia Beach. The ranking data shown next may help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General