Searching for cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach? Do you think you bought high-priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach? Trust us, there are many Virginia Beach consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved over $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re here, understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier. You have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates as often as possible because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Cheaper rates on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, youthful driver, distant student, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including renters, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, online shopper, multi-policy, safety device, and DriveSense.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, senior citizen, premier discount, premier plus, early signing, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply in Virginia Beach.
Cutting your car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to different agent offices. Quoting and buying Volkswagen Atlas insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the professional abilities that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Volkswagen Atlas to commute?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Virginia Beach can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach that may be able to give you price quote information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Virginia Beach exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Virginia?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Volkswagen Atlas insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
How to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Virginia.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information is available below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)