Looking for more affordable Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia Beach? Have you had enough of sacrificing to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
It’s hard to believe, but most drivers in Virginia kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. American consumers could save themselves $850 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
Steps to buying cheaper Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia Beach
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Lexus GS 350 insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers in Virginia Beach. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and poor credit can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia Beach two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find lower rates on insurance.
Affordable companies for Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Virginia. If you want cheap auto insurance in VA, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The information below highlights different rate quotes for Lexus GS 350 models. Learning a little about how insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 350 AWD||$238||$504||$248||$14||$74||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premiums greatly.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
- Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
Does insurance cost less for gals? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lexus GS 350 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Teenage driver insurance rates – Young drivers in Virginia are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Lexus GS 350 car insurance rates for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Minor frequent claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Virginia give better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Lexus GS 350 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Loss statistics for a Lexus GS 350 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the loss history for Lexus GS 350 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus GS 350 Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus GS 350 4dr 2WD 160 78 190 81 107 79 Lexus GS 350 4dr 4WD 169 90 217 91 85 68BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Lexus GS 350 insurance rates in Virginia Beach
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus could earn cheaper prices.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used GS 350 may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus GS 350 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, military active duty, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, teen driver, 55 and older, student driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Lexus GS 350 rate quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Virginia Beach insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Virginia Beach?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Virginia Beach are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
After getting good responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy.
Ratings for Virginia auto insurance companies
Ending up with the best auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Virginia. The rank data in the next section could help you select which auto insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Budget-conscious Lexus GS 350 insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Lexus GS 350 insurance in Virginia Beach
The best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Try to understand policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Virginia can be found at these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)