How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach, VA? Virginia Beach consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Acura TLX insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Acura and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Virginia Beach agents.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Virginia Beach is your objective, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
Virginia Beach insurance discounts
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on TLX insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
Check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Acura TLX insurance quotes comparison
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Virginia. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Virginia, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Virginia Beach Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Gender matters – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Marriage equates to better rates – Your spouse can get you a discount on your policy. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of auto insurance companies afford lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Lower prices with no policy lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Your employer is a factor – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally pay the highest rates in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Insurance loss statistics an Acura TLX – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura TLX Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best auto insurance?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Glandon Agency
212 87th St – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 422-6729 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide price quotes.
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
- Kimberly Hitchman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Virginia Beach Blvd #112 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-5480 – View Map
- Aubrey Pithwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
562 Lynnhaven Pkwy #201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 227-9700 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your TLX with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates are available
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Acura TLX insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Acura TLX insurance in Virginia Beach can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Virginia Beach auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to buy low-cost Acura TLX insurance in Virginia Beach
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Acura TLX insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Virginia Beach. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)