Are you trying to find the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Virginia Beach? Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other Virginia drivers.
It’s hard to believe, but the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save roughly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy. With vehicle owners having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to locate the most affordable car insurance provider.
Find Lower-cost Auto Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Liability limits should be high – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Your age impacts your costs – Teenage drivers in Virginia have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most companies will award a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Subaru each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your WRX is just wasting money.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Even one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Vehicle risk impacts rates – The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Pay lower premiums if you’re married – Your spouse helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Subaru WRX insurance claim data – Companies use data from past claims when determining insurance rates. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Subaru WRX Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts for Subaru WRX insurance in Virginia Beach
Some providers do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new WRX is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Virginia car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Virginia. The ranking data in the next section may help you select which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheap car insurance rates are available
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents. Cost effective Subaru WRX insurance can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to buying cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Virginia Beach
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Virginia Beach is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Virginia.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Virginia can be read at these links:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)