If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Virginia Beach. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in America could pocket about 47% a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Best companies for Volvo S90 insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in VA, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money with these discounts on Volvo S90 insurance in Virginia Beach
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Virginia Beach auto insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies who might offer these benefits possibly include:
If you need affordable Volvo S90 insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Virginia Beach?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are Virginia Beach independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
After getting good answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Ratings for Virginia Beach auto insurance companies
Picking the best insurer can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Virginia. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Virginia Beach auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Volvo S90 insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)