Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Virginia Beach is your ultimate goal, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way to get the cheapest Chevy SS insurance in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Virginia. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without reducing coverage. The intent of this article is to let you in on how insurance works and some money-saving tips. Drivers just have to use how to compare price quotes from many different companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Virginia. If you want cheaper car insurance in Virginia, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper Chevy SS insurance rates in Virginia Beach
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current SS insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Virginia Beach car insurance quotes online.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 get Virginia Beach car insurance on the internet.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach may earn a discount when getting a Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a discount up to 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To locate insurers with discount rates in Virginia, click this link.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Chevy SS Insurance
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – An insured’s credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet SS by improving your credit score.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when it comes to insurance. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Small claims can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Virginia generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your prices – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most insurers allow discounts for people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet SS Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but still have a local Virginia Beach insurance agent
Some people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Listed below are Virginia Beach insurers willing to provide rate quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Guzman Insurance Agency Inc
1920 Centerville Turnpike Ste 97 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 479-0551 – View Map
After receiving positive responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can provide insurance coverage.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best car insurance in Virginia
Buying coverage from a good quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Virginia. The company rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Virginia Beach car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce Chevy SS insurance car insurance rates online in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)