Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Virginia Beach could save approximately 45% each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who can sell car insurance in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
This information will teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using these techniques. But Virginia car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in VA, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Low credit score equals high prices – Your credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by improving your rating.
- With age comes lower prices – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Cheaper prices using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like military generals, police officers, and stock brokers tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Rural areas have lower premiums – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Kia Optima Hybrid scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Optima Hybrid – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Virginia Beach auto insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, teen driver, 55 and older, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, anti-lock brakes, early signing, 55 and retired, passive restraint, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Virginia Beach.
Auto insurance quotes from local Virginia Beach insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use local Virginia Beach agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Virginia Beach can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 460-6220 – View Map
- Nicki Kopassis Insurance Agency Inc.
2433 N Landing Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 301-6397 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jessica Hester – State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 481-1840 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Brett Pendergast – State Farm Insurance Agent
4388 Holland Road Ste. 110 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 499-6813 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Virginia Beach?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Virginia auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Virginia. The ranking data shown next may help you decide which companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
In the end, you can save money
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
When you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Virginia Beach is possible both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)