Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Virginia could save nearly 45% each year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
The preferred way to get low-cost Lexus GS F insurance in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Virginia.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper GS F coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Lexus GS F insurance in Virginia Beach
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, early bird, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, air bags, good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, IntelliDrive, home ownership, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
Check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Virginia Beach. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Virginia Beach, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from local Virginia Beach auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Lexus GS F insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To get the best auto insurance in Virginia, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Four factors that affect insurance premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – Auto insurance companies in Virginia give lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Lexus each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your GS F can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Insurance can get complicated
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Lexus GS F?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying auto insurance from Virginia Beach car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
When researching an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Virginia Beach agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Aubrey Pithwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
562 Lynnhaven Pkwy #201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 227-9700 – View Map
- Paula Rosati – State Farm Insurance Agent
4221 Pleasant Valley Rd #108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 467-4300 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-1200 – View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your GS F greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Virginia overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper coverage is out there
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on Lexus GS F insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Lexus GS F insurance in Virginia Beach is available both online and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)