Unbelievable but true, most insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Virginia Beach consumers could cut their rates by nearly 45% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more details to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable companies for Lexus RX 400h insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want cheap auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Lexus RX 400h insurance in Virginia Beach
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Virginia Beach car insurance but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current RX 400h insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, multiple autos, and student away at school.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in Virginia Beach. To see companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my Lexus RX 400h qualify for pleasure use?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Lexus RX 400h?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Virginia Beach.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Virginia Beach car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When searching for local Virginia Beach agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Virginia Beach are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Virginia Beach?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- How long has their agency been open in Virginia Beach?
- How are claims handled?
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
What is the best car insurance company in Virginia Beach?
Buying coverage from the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Virginia Beach. The ranking information shown below could help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lexus RX 400h rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Lexus RX 400h insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)