Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Virginia drivers could save themselves $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
The best way to get cheaper Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Virginia Beach is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Virginia.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as inattentive driving and your credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional ideas to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The intent of this article is to teach you how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these methods. But Virginia car owners should learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to buy Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Virginia Beach, VA
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Virginia Beach is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, their system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Virginia Beach makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the cheapest price.
In order to compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find cheap auto insurance in VA, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can reduce Lincoln Mark LT insurance rates
Some insurers don’t list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies provide a small discount for signing up on the web.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that have these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply in Virginia Beach. To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Virginia Beach Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Limits of liability protection – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Gender and car insurance premiums – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When finding a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Matthew Clifton Roenker Agency
4870 Haygood Rd Ste 108 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 671-1111 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
What is the best car insurance company in Virginia Beach?
Buying coverage from the best insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Virginia Beach. The information below could help you select which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)