Unfortunately, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers could pocket approximately $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac GTO insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Try to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Virginia Beach
Auto insurance companies do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Claims – Virginia Beach drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Virginia Beach car insurance online.
- College Student Discount – Kids living away from Virginia Beach attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Virginia Beach, click this link.
How to compare Virginia Beach Pontiac GTO insurance quotes
Most companies give pricing directly from their websites. This process is very simple as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Virginia Beach streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in VA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Pontiac has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Consolidate home and auto and save – Many insurers will award lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare Pontiac GTO rates in Virginia Beach to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save money by buying from different companies
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Virginia department of motor vehicles.
- Certain vocations pay higher rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like judges, social workers, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and long work hours. Other professions such as scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Tickets inflate prices – Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Even a single driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Virginia Beach who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Virginia?
Car insurance agents in Virginia Beach come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Virginia Beach exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
Insurance in Virginia serves several purposes
Even though Virginia Beach GTO insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Pontiac GTO with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Quote often and quote early
When you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Cheaper auto insurance in Virginia Beach can be found online and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so get free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)