Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Virginia Beach drivers could save 45% each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The best way to find more affordable Pontiac Montana insurance in Virginia Beach is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Virginia.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates like your driving record and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives information to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. In a nutshell, every person who shops for auto insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. Although Virginia consumers should learn how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Companies offering cheap Pontiac Montana rates in Virginia Beach, VA
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. In order to find the best auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper Virginia Beach car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Montana insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But any discount will lower your overall premium however.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, business and professional, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, paid-in-full, multi-car, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, and online shopper.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include EZ pay plan discount, resident student, passive restraint, defensive driver, FullPay discount, and senior citizen.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state.
How Insurers Calculate Pontiac Montana Insurance Prices
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Virginia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Premiums impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Montana can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is showing the right rating data, because it can save money.
Is you job costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, airline pilots, and stock brokers have higher average rates due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting your policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I rate my Pontiac Montana as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
Local Virginia Beach insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Virginia Beach are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Hy Dress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 427-1987 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Virginia auto insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The company ratings below can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Pontiac Montana insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with an unexpected company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)