If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to compare quotes annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Virginia.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like your driving record and bad credit can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Chrysler Sebring insurance is your goal, then understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. This information will tell you how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. But Virginia consumers do need to learn how insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Virginia Beach
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new Sebring may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger car insurance companies have lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, passive restraint, good student, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, good student, and air bags.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, save driver, good student, early quote, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, military active duty, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, air bags, and membership and employees.
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Virginia, click this link.
Chrysler Sebring insurance analysis
The data table displayed next covers detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chrysler Sebring models. Learning a little about how rate quotes are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$394||$258||$16||$78||$944||$79|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$394||$258||$16||$78||$944||$79|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$224||$394||$258||$16||$78||$970||$81|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$224||$394||$258||$16||$78||$970||$81|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$250||$454||$258||$16||$78||$1,056||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in Virginia Beach location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Chrysler Sebring insurance rates for different age groups. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Sebring settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
What Determines Chrysler Sebring Insurance Prices?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Sebring may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have careless citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Chrysler Sebring insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Certain occupations raise premiums – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Responsible credit saves on car insurance – An insured’s credit score factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chrysler Sebring by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chrysler Sebring rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
- Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If the Chrysler Sebring has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Virginia Beach.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Virginia Beach can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Hampton Roads Insurance
633-D Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 285-4754 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Paula Faivre
2052 S Independence Blvd #007 – Virginia Beach, VA 23453 – (757) 340-3999 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Virginia Beach should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Ratings for Virginia auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Virginia. The company ratings listed below could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Budget-conscious Chrysler Sebring insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
We just covered many ideas to compare Chrysler Sebring insurance car insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)