It’s hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Virginia drivers could pocket up to 45% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Lexus LS 600h L insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides more ideas to get lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Finding and buying more affordable insurance coverage in Virginia Beach is quite easy. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of how to compare prices over the internet.
Cheap Lexus insurance prices in Virginia Beach
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To find the best auto insurance in VA, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Lexus LS 600h L insurance in Virginia Beach
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
When finding a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Virginia Beach are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Virginia Beach exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Pierre Granger
5705 Lynnhaven Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 962-2266 – View Map
- Bill Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 486-4000 – View Map
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Virginia Beach willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
When getting Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in Virginia Beach is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, so you need to quote Virginia Beach auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)