The easiest way to save on Mercury Sable insurance in Virginia Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Virginia. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more details to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop for lower rates will probably move their business because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for Mercury Sable insurance is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
What Determines Mercury Sable Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercury Sable by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- What are good liability insurance limits? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Stressful vocation may mean higher rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as lawyers, architects, and miners generally have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like scientists, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Responsible drivers pay better premiums – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with multiple citations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Virginia award cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated Sable can cost quite a bit.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Getting married may save some money compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Better prices on safer vehicles – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Virginia Beach may earn a discount when getting a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current Sable insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break shop Virginia Beach auto insurance on the internet.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, switch companies, mature driver, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, DriveSense, multi-car, emergency road assistance, online quote, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may offer discounts for utility vehicle, premier discount, safe driver, resident student, anti-theft, and economy car.
Check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
Virginia auto insurance company ratings
Selecting the right company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Virginia Beach. The company rank data below may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Be persistent and save
We just showed you many ideas to lower your Mercury Sable insurance premium rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-conscious Mercury Sable insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, so get free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)