It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Virginia Beach is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Buick Regal insurance in Virginia Beach is to annually compare prices from insurers in Virginia.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional ideas to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Virginia Beach is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare insurance rates online.
Buick Regal insurance quotes comparison
Finding more affordable car insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If you want cheap auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Choosing the best Regal insurance in Virginia is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Regal in Virginia Beach, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick Regal with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Buick for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Buick Regal. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Buick Regal Insurance Rates?
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Virginia areas have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Does your job cost you more? – Jobs such as judges, architects, and accountants generally have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as actors, athletes and performers pay the least.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Buick has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies afford a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Buick Regal rates in Virginia Beach to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance losses for a Buick Regal – Companies use statistical claims data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Regal vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Virginia Beach car insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Regal can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, multi-car, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, good student, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Virginia Beach that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Virginia Beach
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Virginia Beach are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Virginia Beach who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Frank Owens – State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Laskin Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 428-3101 – View Map
- Ken Crowder – State Farm Insurance Agent
5802 E Virginia Beach Blvd #128 – Norfolk, VA 23502 – (757) 461-2027 – View Map
- Larry Akers – State Farm Insurance Agent
928 Diamond Springs Rd Ste 131 – Virginia Beach, VA 23455 – (757) 497-3853 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- The Coelho insurance agency
800 Seahawk Cir #142 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 437-9647 – View Map
- Toby Leffel Insurance Agency
921 First Colonial Road #1703 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 481-9105 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Avery Insurance Agency Inc
5268 Fairfield Shopping Centre – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 366-0366 – View Map
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Buick Regal insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small local company.
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Buick Regal insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information is located below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)