Want to save money and find more affordable auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach, VA? Virginia Beach consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a Cadillac and obtain the best price possible from Virginia Beach insurance agents and online providers.
How to get affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Virginia Beach, Virginia
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate the best auto insurance in Virginia Beach, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Virginia Beach, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your ATS with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Virginia Beach overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Always have car insurance – Driving without insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- How old are your drivers? – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Cadillac ATS insurance loss data – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Virginia Beach with these insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, defensive driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, driver training, good student, and teen driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, new vehicle discount, safety features, multi-policy, good student, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to your policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Virginia Beach car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Virginia Beach.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following are Virginia Beach auto insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Jane Peak – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N Great Neck Rd #220 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 340-8060 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 416-5100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lovas Insurance Agency Inc
244 Mustang Trail #1 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-8310 – View Map
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Virginia Beach?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an provider that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Be persistent and save
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Steps to buying affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Virginia Beach
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Virginia Beach. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on ATS insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia is located at the links below
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)