The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell insurance in Virginia Beach. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare other prices are highly likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. A study discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Virginia Beach is your intention, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Virginia Beach is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, Virginia vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to get Virginia Beach Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance quotes
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Virginia insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps locate a better price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Virginia. To find the best cheap car insurance in Virginia, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don’t always list every possible discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new Silhouette can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, anti-theft, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, business or organization, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Virginia Beach.
Virginia auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Virginia Beach. The company ratings shown next could help you decide which providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Virginia Beach
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Certain vocations raise rates – Jobs like military generals, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Don’t buy extra coverages you don’t need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Consider raising deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Virginia DMV.