Amazingly, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers can save roughly 47% each year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Virginia Beach.
- First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Virginia Beach is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare prices from many different companies.
Low Cost Volvo insurance prices in Virginia Beach
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Take advantage of these six discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on V90 insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Volvo V90 insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Virginia Beach auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Travelers includes discounts for save driver, driver training, new car, early quote, and student away at school.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Virginia Beach car insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach that can provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
The difference between Virginia Beach car insurance agents
If you want to use a good Virginia Beach insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Virginia Beach auto insurance companies
Selecting the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Virginia. The company rank data in the next section could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your V90 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your V90 to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/20 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $20,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volvo V90.
Since many Virginia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Virginia limits are 25/50/20), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Affordable coverage is out there
You just learned some good ideas how to get a better price on Volvo V90 insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Volvo V90 insurance in Virginia Beach is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)