It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Virginia Beach.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop rates annually are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your intention, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Virginia Beach insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Avalon Hybrid insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Avalon Hybrid insurance premium.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, 55 and older, student driver, and early bird.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, paid-in-full, online shopper, homeowner, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in Virginia Beach. For a list of providers who offer free Toyota Avalon Hybrid insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Virginia Beach, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Avalon Hybrid, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Avalon Hybrid definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best auto insurance in Virginia Beach
Selecting the right auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Virginia Beach. The company ratings shown next may help you choose which providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Virginia Beach?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?