Sadly, most auto insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Virginia could pocket roughly 45% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount Toyota Prius V insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Virginia Beach.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and poor credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for additional tips to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Virginia Beach is much easier if you have a good place to start. But Virginia car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Toyota Prius V insurance in Virginia
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in VA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Score discounts to get cheaper Virginia Beach car insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Prius V insurance premium.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate car insurance companies with significant discounts in Virginia Beach, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Virginia Beach insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How many years have they been established?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
If you are searching for a good Virginia Beach insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below are Virginia Beach independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Toyota Prius V insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Virginia Beach car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)