We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved over $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
The best way we recommend to find affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Virginia Beach.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Bolt EV coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Virginia Beach is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Consumers just have to learn the fastest way to compare company rates using one simple form.
Which Chevy Bolt EV insurance is cheapest in Virginia Beach, VA?
Most of the larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices from their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Virginia Beach is easy for anyone as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once you submit the form, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price determined by many factors. Using the web to get rate quotes for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Virginia Beach helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To buy cheap auto insurance in Virginia, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Bolt EV, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Virginia Beach car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount shop Virginia Beach auto insurance digitally online.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, click here.
Local Virginia Beach insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Bolt EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/20 in Virginia), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, nursing services and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/20 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Virginia requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Bolt EV insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Discount Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Virginia Beach is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)