If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and your credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
Our goal is to tell you how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using these tips. But Virginia car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and burglary. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Credit rating impact auto insurance premiums – Your credit rating factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Chrysler 200 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Your occupation can affect premiums – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated 200 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance losses for a Chrysler 200 – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chrysler Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get discounts on Virginia Beach auto insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to monitor their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current 200 insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, defensive driver, early bird, air bags, 55 and older, teen driver, and student driver.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, IntelliDrive, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and save driver.
- GEICO discounts include good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in Virginia Beach. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Car insurance company ratings
Picking the best car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Virginia. The rank data displayed below can help you pick which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Do the work, save more money
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Chrysler 200 insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Students in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)