It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Virginia Beach is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Chrysler Pacifica insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Virginia Beach.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a low credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable auto insurance policy in Virginia Beach is not as difficult as people think. Drivers just need to learn the best way to compare different rates online.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If you want cheap car insurance in VA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Pacifica can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Chrysler Pacifica insurance quotes in Virginia Beach in Virginia, click this link.
Local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Virginia Beach.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you contact independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quotes.
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 200-3183 – View Map
- Cheeks Insurance Agency
4968 Euclid Rd e – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 309-1850 – View Map
- Glandon Agency
212 87th St – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 422-6729 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm: Pierre Granger
5705 Lynnhaven Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 962-2266 – View Map
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 583-2200 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Will my Chrysler Pacifica be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The list below includes some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Liability coverage safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Coverage lapses raise premiums – Letting your insurance expire can be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Prices are affected by your address – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Chrysler Pacifica and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Virginia Beach. The rank data below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy non-renewal and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Virginia Beach agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)